Charity:Water is a non-profit organization dedicated to donating clean drinking water to the nearly 800 million people who don’t have access it.
Why is clean drinking water so important?
More people die because of lack of clean water each year than are killed in all forms of violence, including war.
- 16 million hours each day are spent by women collecting water.
- $28 Billion is lost in Africa due to unsafe water and sanitation.
- Diarrheal diseases is the second leading killer of children worldwide.
Water Changes Everything.
- 10% of disease could be reduced with improved access to clean water.
- Women can use time once spent collecting water to pursue other opportunities like completing their education.
- $1 invested in water is $4-12 for the local economy.
- Clean water projects built by schools significantly increase class attendance, especially in girls.
To make a donation to my Charity:Water fundraiser or to find out more about Charity:Water, Click Here.
ALL information and stats on this page are taken from Charity:Water and their research.